Friday, October 24, 2008

Morning Glory

"Of all the joys my life brings, a child's smile makes my heart sing."

-Anonymous

At about 8 o'clock this morning I heard cute little "waking-up" baby sounds coming from the bassinet. I went over and Ellie was wide-eyed. As soon as she saw me, her face burst into the most beautiful smile I have ever seen. Could there be anything more wonderful in the world? Time and time again, I am bowled over by the immensity of emotion I feel for this little girl. There was a part of me that, until now, was not complete. Now my "heart sings."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And just remember, God loves us more than that. Mindboggling, isn't it? How can it be possible, but He does.

Lisa said...

Let 'er rip and sing out loud! They certainly do a number on your heart, don't they? Lainie had my heart soaring with joy yesterday afternoon and crying frustrated tears last night, but I wouldn't trade one second of motherhood.