Thursday, October 9, 2008

I'm Free! I'm Free!


I had my two week postpartum appointment with my doctor today. Everything is looking good, and I have been okayed to drive again! What a relief! I've got to thank everyone who made trips to the store for me during these two weeks. I have the best family and church ever! Not being able to drive was really one of my biggest concerns prior to Eliana's birth, but I never wanted for anything. Not a day went by without someone calling to see if I needed something. What a blessing you all are!


Ellie continues to do well. She is up to 10 lbs. 1 oz and has gone from 20 inches to 21.5! Her sleep has been a bit iffy the past two nights, but some ups and downs are to be expected. :-)


I start my new job next week, just working two days a week through the rest of October. Although it will be a major adjustment to work again, I'm looking forward to seeing a new aspect of education. I'm also so grateful that I don't have to get "beautiful" or leave my daughter to go to work. I may have to put some hours in after Joe gets home, but how much better is that than having to leave all day? God is so good to me!


Keep praying for Joe's dad. Thanks so much!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy for you , Heather, Glad
your doing so well. Drive again !
Wonderful.

Ellie , your doing so good, You got
a good MOM and Dad ! Your getting
so Big already. we love you

G-G & G- pop

Lisa said...

So glad you're free again. It's a nice feeling isn't it?

I'm just wanted to say I'm so thankful for your new job! Being at home with the girls has been the best thing for me, for them, and for our family in general. Being at work last year was an eye-opener for me. God is so good to have provided this job for you! I'm getting teary just thinking about it. As you grow as a mom with Ellie, it will become even more apparent how precious our time is with our kids. I just want to encourage and affirm your commitment to stay at home with her. It's truly a beautiful thing!
You go girl!!
Hope your week goes well as you make adjustments and settle into a routine. I'm praying for you!