Tuesday, October 28, 2008

It's Official...


I'm exhausted. I must be a new parent.


Our little lovebug has had a bit of a set-back with her sleeping schedule. She's been up two or three times a night for the past week. Now, that's not too bad, but I can't seem to get her to sleep until about 11 p.m. For normal human beings, that wouldn't be much of a problem. For those of you who know me, however, my preferred bedtime is 8:34 p.m. 8:45 p.m. is really much too late, so 11 p.m. feels downright painful. I've always been a fan of sleep.


We are really looking forward to this Sunday. We are going to dedicate Eliana at church. Joe and I pray each morning (Well, Joe prays, and I try to keep my eyes open - yes, open. Otherwise, I wouldn't be conscious.) and give Ellie into God's hands. But there is something about standing up in public, and yielding her over that is both so right and so scary at the same time. I never dreamed that parenthood would tear at my heart so.


Speaking of tearing at my heart, I left Ellie the first time yesterday for a couple hours. I was asked to proctor some Ohio Graduation Tests just a few minutes from our house. I was a mess. I'm so grateful that my mom was able to come and be with Ellie while I was gone. I didn't have to be gone long, but it was against everything inside of me to walk out that door. It couldn't have gone better, though. Ellie ate and fell asleep right before I left and was just waking up when I arrived home. I'm sure that at some point I will come home to a crying baby, but I'm so happy that it wasn't the first time I left her. It was hard enough.


Well, Ellie seems to be sleeping (and it's 9:26 p.m. Hurray!), so I'm going to take advantage of the time! 'Night all!

No comments: