Saturday, December 20, 2008

What a Year!

A gift from my husband this week

Today, Joe and I celebrate our 11th wedding anniversary. This was certainly a year like no other, and we have so much to celebrate. God has turned our lives upside down and taught us a lot about our relationships with each other and with Him. He has also, of course, given us a beautiful daughter - the desire of my heart - and allowed me to stay home with her. I would never have dreamed just one year ago that my life would be what it is today.

If you're struggling with something today, take shelter in God. Don't deny what you're going through, but go to Him in honesty, even if that honesty demands you simply cry before him (a woman's perspective, to be sure). When God moves on your behalf, He can move quickly after taking years to prepare the way. Ps 90:4 For a thousand years in Your sight are like a day that has just gone by, or like a watch in the night.

So, what are we doing to celebrate this eventful year? Red Lobster! YUM! Mom is coming to watch Eliana, and Joe and I are going to sit down to our first quite meal alone together since she was born. I can hardly wait! Start the 5 hour countdown......NOW!


No comments: