Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Big Move


The cheeks are mine; everything else is Daddy's!

Well, it's official: Eliana is now sleeping in her crib. I'm going to return the bassinet to my friend who let me borrow it, so there will be no going back. It seems to be working out pretty well, although I must admit, I didn't like it at first (or at least the thought of it). It is allowing me to get a little more sleep, though. While Ellie is still waking up a couple times a night to eat, at least I'm sleeping better in between feeds. When she was right next to me, I'd wake with each and every little movement or sound. Now I only wake up when she is actually crying. Little by little...



Don't you just love the photo of the proud papa and his little girl? Joe picked out the outfit that Ellie is wearing. She wore it to church today and recieved so many compliments. I wanted to make sure I got a picture of the two of them with her wearing it. Too cute!



Weight loss update: I've lost 4 of my 20-pound mini-goal. I'm really happy with that, and don't want to loose any more in a one-week period. It wouldn't be good for me. I'm looking forward to an exercise video I just ordered. It's for new mothers and I'll use Ellie as my weights! How fun does that sound? I'm ready to get moving again.



As I was typing, Ellie reached up to touch my face. How can such a little person make me feel so good?



Night all!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

They are stylin' in those dapper outfits! She is too cute! Joe's looking pretty good himself!

Congrats on the weight loss - that's great. Love the baby as weights idea. Fun for both of you.

I've lost 5 so far, but due to the flu bug in our house. :( Not fun!