Saturday, November 29, 2008

Grammy and Papa


-
We had a wonderful visit with Joe's family (with the exception of being thoroughly trounced playing Password...twice). It was nice for Grammy and Papa to get some one-on-one time with Ellie, and then GiGi and G'Pop came over (Joe's grandparents) to have lunch and visit as well.
-

Riding in the car seems to be improving a bit. We made it to Akron and back with no crying at all! (Not me, the baby! Well, I guess I didn't cry either this time.) I don't know if Ellie is getting more accustomed to the car seat, or if Joe and I are getting better at preparing her for a trip. Either way, it's much more pleasant without the screaming.
-

Joe and I are getting ready to head to the Welfley's annual tree-trimming at the "Barn." For those of you who don't know John and Linda, they purchased an old, very well-used barn and converted it into one of the most beautiful homes I've every seen. Their main room is two stories high and takes a huge Christmas tree. I'll be sure to get some pictures to share with you.
-
I'm looking forward to going, but I have to admit, I'm not feeling particularly "Christmasy" yet. Perhaps it's because I'm so tired. Or maybe it's just that it's only two days after Thanksgiving! We're still eating leftovers for crying-out-loud! Regardless, I'm ready to spend some time with good friends smelling a pine tree and getting into the Christmas mood!

Fa la la la la!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mommy Heather, do you have any toys for Ellie to look at when she is in the car?? Jacob had a toy that clipped on the back of his seat that was a farm, when he kicked it played music, lit up and also had a mirror. He has always been so great in the car--always had and still has toys nearby. There is another seat back toy with mirror, lights and music that has a remote for the parent visor so if they are fussy you can just hit the button and sing away. Another thing that worked for us ( and many others I hear) is Mozart. We wore out the baby Mozart CD. He would be in full red-faced scream and instantly settle when you played that music. Just a few simple things for you to try, good luck. Carrie