Monday, August 11, 2008

Finally - Photos!


Mandi Graziani, Heather, Jennifer Demuth, and Malinda Adams
Heather and Shower Hosts


One of my favorite outfits. It reads, "My Heart Belongs to Daddy!"


Well, we are down to about 5 weeks left of pregnancy! I can hardly believe it. Joe and I were talking a few nights ago about the day we found out we were going to have a baby...

It was a cold December morning. For the second day in a row I felt a wave of nausea for just a second. The first day I thought absolutely nothing about it. The second day I thought, Could I be...? Well, I guess I could. Needless-to-say, I wasn't expecting anything after all this time (all puns intended).

I had to go shopping that day, so I bought my 500th pregnancy test and promptly forgot all about it. That afternoon I was sitting waiting for Joe to arrive home from work in about 10 minutes, and all of a sudden I remembered the test! I jumped up, took it , and then spent 8 LONG minutes staring at the faintest line I had ever seen , trying to convince myself it was there.

When Joe came home, everything seemed in slow motion. We greeted each other (just like every other day). He sat down and took his boots off (just like every other day), and he picked up the dog to give her some love (just like every other day). Then he looked at me and said, "What's wrong?" (I guess I didn't look like I normally did every other day.) Then I said the words I thought I'd never say: "I think I might be pregnant."

To be perfectly honest, I really didn't believe I was. It was just too incredible and that line was sooooo faint. Joe and I then spent the next 4 hours (and 3 more pregnancy tests), trying to decide if we were really going to have a baby.

As I just got a major kick to the lungs, I guess it's true!

Anyway, I wanted to share a few of the photos taken by a very dear friend of mine at our baby shower in Gnadenhutten, OH.
Our shower in Akron is Sunday. I can't wait to see everyone there!

1 comment:

Mandi said...

Hey girl. I love this website. What a great idea! You are so talented. What a great way to check in and see what's going on. Thinking of you often. Love, Mandi